White cats are majestic and gorgeous, regardless of the breeds they come from. They have the ability to turn heads wherever they go and their owners are truly lucky to have them.
If you’ve recently purchased or adopted a new white kitten, then it definitely needs an awesome name that fits its glorious looks and unique personality. I’ve compiled a list of more than 150 names for white cats, which are pop culture inspired, funny, traditional, unique, baffling, pun-themed and so on. Check them out below and don’t forget to tell me your favorite picks in the comment section.
Pop culture inspired white cat names
Below you’ll find 40+ pop culture inspired names for white cats and kittens. Some of them are absolutely hilarious, whereas others are quite unusual for a cat’s name.
- Artemis (the Greek goddess of the moon)
- Baileys (the liquor)
- Bolt (Disney)
- Choupette Lagerfeld (Karl Lagerfeld’s white Birman cat)
- Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
- Dagger & Cloak (Marvel – suitable for siblings)
- Diamonds & Rust (the song – suitable for white and ginger siblings)
- Elsa (Disney)
- Freya (the ice queen in The Huntsman: Winter’s War)
- Gandalf, The White (Lord of the Rings)
- Geralt, The White Wolf (The Witcher)
- Ice Ice Baby (the song)
- Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians)
- Jingle Bells
- Khaleesi (Game of Thrones)
- Lumos & Nox (Harry Potter – awesome fit for siblings)
- Milky Way
- Moby Dick
- Olivia Benson (Taylor Swift’s own white kitty)
- Pegasus (the mythical horse)
- Phantom of the Opera
- Rabbit (the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland)
- Santa Claus
- Saruman (Lord of the Rings)
- Scrabble (the board game)
- Simone (the name of Audrey Hepburn’s white cat)
- Snoopy (even though he’s a canine character)
- Snow Bell (Stuart Little)
- Snow Queen (Andersen’s character)
- Storm (X-Men)
- Snow White
- The White Queen (Alice in Wonderland)
- Tic Tac
- Vanilla Ice (the singer)
- White Walker (Game of Thrones)
- White Witch (Narnia)
- Winter Soldier (Marvel)
- Yin & Yang (cool option for siblings)
- Zeus (the Greek god of lightning)
Learn More: Top 200+ Korean Cat Names
I’m sure I’ve missed some pop culture names for white cats. Do you have any characters, books, movies, musicians, actors, etc. whose names are suitable for white kittens? Why don’t you share them in the comment section down below?
Names for white cats with cat puns
Cat puns aren’t for everyone. However, I do enjoy them, so here are some cat puns, which make great names for white cats.
- Cat Creamer
- Diamond Claws
- Duke/ Dutchess Whitepants
- Fleas Whitespoon (Reese Withersoiin)
- Marilyn Monmeow
- Mr. / Mrs. Catserole
- Mr. / Mrs. Scratcher, The Fair
- Santa Claws
- The White Fuzzinator
- The Snow-White Poop Machine
- White Claw (a spin on the White Fang)
Puns are great, but they’re not to everyone’s liking. So if you’re one of those people, who don’t fancy cat puns, check out some traditional white cat names below.
Learn More: The Best 250+ Japanese Cat Names
Common white cat names
Here you’ll find a bunch of the most common names used for white feline furballs.
- Ash/ Ashy/ Ashton
- Bianca/ Bianco
- Camellia (flower)
- Chalk/ Chalkboard/ Chalky
- Cotton/ Cotton Ball
- Duke/ Duchess
- Ice/ Ice Cube/ Icy
- Milk/ Milky/ Milkshake
- North Pole
- Polar Bear
- Spark/ Sparky/ Sparkle
Frankly, all of these white kitten names are a bit overused, so I’m not a big fan of them. But there’s nothing wrong with sticking to something more traditional.
Learn More: 500+ Badass Cat Names
Funny and unique white cat names
In case you need something that’s more on the unique side or something that’s even hilarious, keep reading further:
- Asa (Japanese for morning)
- Aspro (Greek for white)
- Arctic Fox
- Dragon Fruit
- Egg/ Eggsy/ Egg White
- Flamingo (all Flamingos are born white)
- Ina (Yoruba for light)
- Lumiere (French for light)
- Lux (Latin for light)
- Mañana (Spanish for morning)
- Mattina (Italian for morning)
- Nur & Layla (Arabic for light and night – great for siblings)
- Penguin (also suitable for Tuxedo cats)
- Pineberry (white strawberries do exist and they’re called pineberries)
- Rice Cake
- Salt & Pepper (a fun choice for siblings)
- Shiro (Japanese for white)
- Sour Cream
- Sunrise & Sunset/ Sundown (another unique choice for siblings)
- White Shark
- Wit (Dutch for white)
- Zero & Eightball (colorful fit for black and white siblings)
Learn More: Top 350+ Italian Cat Names
Did you find what you were looking for? No? In that case I have some more naming ideas for white feline furballs.
+ 10 more white cat names
If you really want something unusual, go for snowy places on Earth, such as Alaska, Siberia, Iceland, Norway, and so forth. Another idea is to opt for snowy months like December, January and February. Or you could also name your pet after the zodiac signs with the air element – Gemini, Libra or Aquarius, especially if your kitten’s birth date happens to coincide with any of these signs.
Still haven’t found the purrfect name for a white cat? Go check out my list with hilarious cat names or the one with the top unique cat names and tell me which ones are your favorite picks in the comments below.
1 thought on “Top 150+ Names For White Cats: Funny, Traditional, Unique, Puns, Pop Culture Inspired And More”
Many years ago I had a pure white male
doll-faced persian that I named Charmin (like the fluffy toilet paper), lol!
Comments are closed.