Our mission here at Catological is to help cat parents love their kitties better.
What that really means is that we want to help educate and encourage people to give their pets – and all animals – a better life, through respect, education programs, feeding them better food, dedicating more time to them, and more.
Unfortunately, we all know that not every pet is loved, and not all pets have homes.
Animal rights have seen a steady increase over the years, as activism and legislation advances many wonderful causes to lessen harm and make the lives of animals better, all across the world.
However, this fight always needs more activists and people willing to stand up for the animals who can’t stand up for themselves.
That’s why we are proud to announce the Catological Scholarship For The Promotion Of Animal Welfare.
Any undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in school in the United States of America is eligible to apply for the Catological Scholarship For The Promotion Of Animal Welfare.
We recognize that animal lovers come in many forms. Therefore, the scholarship is open to students in every field of study. There are no age, major, or other restrictions, so long as you are, or will be by the time of awarding, enrolled in a US post-secondary institution.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the U.S.A. (or will be by the time the scholarship is awarded).
Deadline & Award
Next Deadline: August 1, 2017.
Optional Award: Have your writing featured on our website! This is completely optional, but we would be happy to publish a piece of original content on animal welfare, or even feature you as a regular contributor.
Winners will be announced in September.
- Submit a 500-word essay to scholarship [at] www.catological.com.
- The topic of your essay should be: What daily, monthly, and yearly habits should people adopt to affect positive change for animal welfare?
- The essay will be published on our site, unless you request otherwise.
- Please include your essay in the body of your email (no attachments).
- Include your full name, phone number, email address, and the name of the post-secondary institution to which you have been accepted.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to us using the form below.